Embraced by the warm winds of Africa the sunny island of Gran Canaria is a welcome holiday destination, summer or winter.
In ancient times, the island chain was often referred to as “the Fortunate Isles” According to greek mythology it was thought that heros and favoured mortals were to be received by the gods into this blissful paradise.
1. Day trip to the Venice of Canary Islands, Puerto Mogan. Spend the morning wandering through the ancient alleyways, with rooftops overflowing with bougainvilleas and, suntan on the beach in the afternoon
2. Enjoy a romantic dinner in a cave restaurant on top of the highest mountain in Gran Canaria.
3. Check out the ancient ruins left by the original settlers of Canary Islands, the Guanches. Gran Canaria has seven archeological digs.
4. Gran Canaria is warm and sunny, all year round. In fact, studies have proven that the island’s capital, Las Palmas, is the city with the best climate in the world.
5. Take a walk along the island’s biggest attraction, the unique Dunes of Maspalomas. Unique in appearance, they look like sandy brown waves rolling in from the Atlantic.